วันอาทิตย์ที่ 16 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2555

Business English Phrases





I agree with you.
I don’t agree with you.
We are of the same opinion.
It’s a deal.

Is the income per capita increasing or decreasing?
Should we export more or export less, Sir?
Can you convince the Board Of Directors?
It is all big waste of money for very little profit.

Don’t you think so.
Yes, I suppose so.
Yes, I think so.
Yes, I imagine so.
Yes, I believe so.
No, I don’t think so.
I really don’t think so.
I expect so.
I expect not.


What are your views on the export market?
Is there a good market for our products?
Is there a good market for traditional commodities?
Is there a good market for non-traditional commodities?
We must keep up with the latest news of the world affairs.
Are they going to build a lot of government buildings?
The new office is under construction.
We must look for more foreign business.
We deem it necessary to open new markets.
We are keen to increase our turnover.
We must meet the demand of new customers.
We must take their wishes into consideration.
We must speak to the point in business.
We must not beat about the bush in business talk.
What does your boss usually think about automation?
I expect you to back me up financially.
Please back me up at the forthcoming meeting.


Excuse me, Sir. Mr. Ramli is here to see you.
He has an appointment to see you.
He doesn’t have an appointment to see you.
Please let him in.
Just let him in, will you?
I have been waiting for you, Mr. Ramli.
Please take a seat.
Would you like to smoke?
No, thank you.
Oh, yes. Ask him to come in, please!
I’m sorry I have no time to see him now.
Please tell him to come back again tomorrow.
I’m too busy to see him now.
I have no time to spare for him now.
My hands are full.
Please ask him to make an appointment to see the General Manager.


Have you received my scheme, Sir?
Yes, I have. And I have been thinking about it for the last three days.
Well, what do you think of it?
Principally, your scheme seems to be all right.
It is quite satisfactory.
But it still needs a few alterations, I suppose
Shall we sell our products to the middle East?
Shall we increase our exports to Japan?
Is the expense worth it?
Is the expense worth it to increase our export to the US market?
Shall we try to break into ASEAN markets?


Shall we be able to meet our delivery dates?
We must work around the clock to meet our delivery dates?
We must not let failures to stop us from trying to break into a new market.
Are there many competitors?
How many competitors do you expect there?
What firms that are likely to be our competitors in the near future?
How should we deal with the rival companies?
What about the reduction of tariffs?
Are there any tariffs on certain products in the commerce among Asean countries?
Did the Board of Director say anything about import duties?
Are our products dutiable or not?
Are our products liable for duty?
We must be sure about shipping facilities.
Will shipping facilities cause any trouble?
Shipping facilities will all right, I hope.


Shall we try to find an agent in KL?
Is Mr. Rakpong's company qualified enough to be our agent in Bangkok?
Can we get him to sort out the import licence?
Have you considered the restrictions imposed on import trade?
Restrictions imposed on import trade should be taken into consideration, I suppose.
I am thinking about the channels of distribution within Japan.
Are channels of distribution really much needed?
Can’t we sell direct to government departments and oil companies?
We had better have a field survey to find out exactly how the firms in the Middle East prefer to buy their products.
Do you think that field surveys are too expensive?
What is the result of your preliminary desk research?
Kuwait is a young, rich, expanding country, isn’t she?
The Board of Director is convinced that we can work up a big demand for our non-traditional commodities there.
What do you think of this probe, Sir?
Well, frankly speaking, on balance I don’t think it’s quite right time for this probe.
Why do you think so?
We don’t want the expense of sending you out there.
We have got plenty to do in the home market, haven’t we?
Haven’t you make up your mind to go ahead right now?
If we wait, somebody else will surely get there first.
No firm can live on the old market for ever.
Are you trying to say that we have a different way of looking at the same think?
Are you trying to convince me that the new market is not profitable?
Well, there is no point in arguing any further.
You have your own opinion and I have mine.
You are entitled to your own opinion and I am entitled to mine.
I’m sorry to hear this. But I do feel strongly about promising market in the Middle East.
But this is our policy, Mr. Hasan.
If this is really your policy, then I must think about leaving the firm.
Have you taken everything into consideration to leave our firm?
You’d better think it over again.
Do our opinions differ so much about foreign markets?
Yes, I do think so. So, I’d better go somewhere a little more forward looking.
Have you tried to contact our General Manager?
Yes, I have, but in vian.
Well, please try to contact him again this afternoon.
We must get in touch with him immediately.
He must kept well informed about the latest development.
Shall we keep him well posted about personnel problem?
Yes, I think we should.
The Sales Manager had to go out for a long drive to cool his temper.
He is bound to agree.
He might be bound to agree.
The young employee was fed up with his boss’s old fashioned outlook.
He would be bound to agree.
He would like to resign from his post.
You can resign with a month’s notice.
Did the Manager accept his resignation?
The Manager cannot accept his resignation.
Do you have any idea why he decided to resign from his job.
Please give us more chance to improve.
Why don’t you give me more chance to improve?
The angry employee walked out of the office.
Have you made a reservation for a plane ticket to Tokyo?
I have made reservation for a single room at JW Mariott
Beach Resort and Spa Phuket.

What reservation do you want to make?
I’d like to make a reservation for a first class return ticket with Thai Air to Manila.
You will leave the company on good terms, right?

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น